Dates to Remember
Welcome to Deanwell School!
Our virtue for the next two weeks is 'Respect.'
Respect is an attitude of honouring oneself and others and caring about their rights. Being respectful is reflected in the courtesy with which we speak and act and treat one another. Acting respectfully gives people the dignity they deserve. Respect is behaving in a way which makes life more peaceful and orderly for everyone.
Signs of success:
I am practicing 'respect' when I…
· Treat everyone the way I would like to be treated
· Speak courteously to everyone
· Am receptive to the wisdom of elders
· Honour the rules of my family or nation
· Expect respect for my body and my rights
· Honour other people's needs for time and space for themselves.
I am respectful. I treat others and myself as we deserve to be treated. I show courtesy to everyone. I learn from the wisdom of my elders.